Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration?

Is a valid will available?

Grant of Probate
From $990
Letter of Administration
From $990

About Us

Welcome to Quick Probate Singapore, a website maintained by PKWA Law, one of the leading probate law firms in Singapore. We are known for offering affordable and transparent fees for both Grant of Probate & Letters of Administration. We typically obtain these for clients within 1 month.

Our experienced probate lawyers are consistently named as leading Singapore lawyers by publications such as The Straits Times, Benchmark Litigation, Asian Legal Business, and Doyles Guide. With more than 130 employees and 30 years of history, we are also trusted by all the major banks such as DBS, UOB, OCBC, and Maybank.

We offer a free initial consultation

Why do clients choose us?

PKWA Law has over 30 years of history, and with more than 130 employees. We are an established family law firm.

Our fees are fixed and affordable from the outset so that you can have peace of mind.

Excellent reviews and testimonials from numerous clients across numerous independent platforms.

Our lawyers are consistently recognized as leading lawyers by the Straits Times, and other leading publications.

PKWA Law is trusted by leading corporations such as DBS, OCBC, UOB, Maybank, HSBC, Citibank, and CPF Board.

Free first consultation so you can make an informed decision on whether to proceed with your family law matter.

Frequently asked probate questions

How much does probate cost?

We offer affordable and transparent rates starting from $990 for both Grant of Probate and Grant of Letters of Administration. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your matter and can advise on the final fixed fees should you wish to proceed with us.

How quickly can probate be obtained?

We are typically able to obtain probate within 1 month.

Do I need to hire a probate lawyer?

No, you may apply for probate yourself. Please be advised however that it is a highly complex and time intensive process, especially for someone who is attempting it for the first time. Using an experienced probate lawyer will save you considerable time and hassle, whilst also ensuring a successful application.

Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration?

If there is a valid will you will need to apply for a Grant of Probate. If there is no valid will you will need to apply for a Grant of Letters of Administration.

Who can apply for a Grant of Probate?

Only the executor named in the Will may apply.

Who can apply for Letters of Administration?

You are entitled to be appointed administrator if you are a family member of the deceased. However, the law gives priority to certain members of the family over others. For example, if the deceased person is single, their surviving parents have priority over all other family members to be the administrators. If the deceased person was married with children, their spouse has priority over the children.

Can I renounce my right to apply for probate?

Yes, if you are named executor(s) in the Will, or if you have priority to apply for Letters of Administration

Which court will be involved in probate?

If the value of the estate is less than $3m, the application is made in the State Courts. If the value of the estate exceeds $3m, the application will be made in the Supreme Court. We will file at the necessary court for you.

Our experienced probate lawyers

Chong Boon Lim
Dorothy Tan
Low Lin Jiang
Charlene Nah
Jessica Chow
Sheila Cheng En Yi
Yeow Ing Yee
Derek Choo Heng Han

For more guidance on probate in Singapore

Guide to Mental Capacity Act in Singapore

Nowadays people are living longer than ever before, but with an aging population comes an increase in mental illnesses. To protect the population in Singapore, the Government introduced the Mental Capacity Act 2008, which came into force from 2010. The legislation enables anyone older than 21 to appoint someone to act on their behalf, should they ever lose their mental capacity and be unable to make decisions. The Act also...

HDB Inheritance Laws

This article explores inheritance law concerning HDB (Housing and Development Board) flats, and seeks to answer some common questions. It can be complicated and often confusing to inherit an HDB flat. The process is influenced by many factors. The most important considerations are (1) whether the deceased person left a valid will, and (2) whether there are other owners of the HDB flat. Maybe you are the co-owner of an...

Letters of Administration

A Grant of Letters of Administration is a document issued to whoever administers the estate of someone who passes away without leaving a valid Will. It is granted by the Family Court, and the administrator is usually the deceased’s next of kin. When is a Grant of Letter of Administration needed? You need one when someone who owns assets dies intestate (without a valid Will). After death, someone needs to...

× How can I help you? Available on SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday